In November an executive group visited Guyana to review at first hand AGNAP's current projects and report back on where our support is best deployed and where it is most needed. The visiting team included Gem Watson, Gloria Percival Omotoso, Joy Mc Calman, and Betty Why who all travelled at their own expense. They had a very packed 14 day schedule. Here is a round up of their visit.
Visits and meetings
- Meeting GNA executive committee
- Meeting with the managing director, Deaf Association of Guyana
- Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia Association
- Attendance at the graduation ceremony of nursing tutors
- Attendance at the award ceremony for the BSC Nursing students
- Meeting with the Staff of the Rehabilitation Centre at the Palms
- Unveiling of Plaque at Matron's Office – Georgetown Public Hospital
- Visit to the Paediatric Ward of Georgetown Public Hospital
- Meeting with Mrs Tabitha Mallampatti Lecturer on the BSc Nursing Programme and recipient of 2016 Lady Ramphall's Award for Education
- Visit University of Guyana
- Visited Matron at New Amsterdam Hospital
- Meeting with Director of Health Services Region 6
- Meeting with the Minister of Public Health – Mr. George Norton
Meeting and brunch children and their parents about their experiences of having Sickle Cell.